710 N. 7th Street
The Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Office Training Division conducts Basic Detention Officer training, civilian staff training, and LEO in-service training.
Training topics are:
- Report writing
- Inter-Personal Communications
- Facility security
- OC Spray
- First Aid / CPR
- Basic Firearms
- Self Defense
- Developing a 40 hour annual In-Service which maintains the certification of each officer as specified and/or required by the Department and/or the State of Kansas.
- Scheduling various Specialized Schools for staff members.
- Ordering, maintaining, and issuing police equipment for recruit officers.
- Insuring state standards and qualifications are met for each officer.
- Ensures each officer knows how to handle and qualifies with their assigned weapon(s)
- To train the officers to serve the public in a consistent, efficient, and professional manner.
- Other staff members of the Sheriff’s Office as well as outside instructors assist the Training Division staff by providing instruction to students / staff.
- With inter-agency cooperation, classes are often conducted off site allowing for a large diverse availability of topics.