Neighborhood Resource Center
Demolition and Abatement
John Pack, Program Coordinator
4953 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66102
Office Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Demolition permits require a 30-day waiting period from the date the application is received by our office to the date that the permit is able to be issued. Within the 30-days, you must contact the utility companies (Board of Public Utilities(BPU), Kansas Gas Service, AT&T, Sunflower Cable, and Time Warner Cable) to have the utilities removed and a disconnect notice sent to our department.
- Submit a complete Demolition Permit Application.
- Permitted & Inspected through Building Inspection Division 913-573-8620.
- Contact the utility companies to request that the utilities be removed for demolition.
|Time Warner Cable
The residential demolition permit fee is $100.00, made payable to the Unified Government. After our office has received written confirmation from BPU and KGS that the services have been removed and the end of the 30-day waiting period has arrived you must contact our Department to request that the permit be issued.
The division provides the following demolition services:
- Unified Government Demolition Projects
- Commercial and Residential
- ROW projects
- Administers the Fire/Storm Insurance Proceeds Ordinance
- Demolition Contract Procurement Administration