Top Red Bar
Home > Departments

National Agriculture Center and Hall of Fame

630 Hall of Fame Drive
Bonner Springs,
(913) 721-1075

Ag CenterThe National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame, or the Ag Center as it is more commonly known, became a reality when it was issued a federal charter by an act of the 86th Congress and signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower on August 31, 1960.

This rare federal charter, an historic beginning the institution shares with organizations like the American Red Cross, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the Future Farmers of America, charged the Ag Center to serve as the "national" museum of agriculture and a memorial to farming leaders. President Harry Truman’s plow is here along with more than 30,000 agricultural relics.

Although the museum was created by federal action, it receives no appropriation from local, state, or federal government. The Center is entirely funded by private and corporate donations, and revenue generated by admissions, memberships, special events, and facility rental.

Ag Center 2The beautiful 172-acre site is home to the Agricultural Hall of Fame, Museum of Farming, National Farmers Memorial, Gallery of Rural Art, Farm Town USA, nature trail, and miniature train rides. The Hall of Fame honors individuals who have made outstanding national or international contributions to the establishment, development, advancement, or improvement of agriculture. To date, 38 men and women have been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Visit the website at


Background Piece Background Piece