Wyandotte County Public Health Department
Selected services available on Thursday evening
There are 4 divisions within the Public Health Department that place a high value on strong working alliances with local community groups. Our dedicated staff works to prevent epidemics and the spread of disease, protect against environmental hazards, prevent injuries, promote and encourage healthy behaviors, respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery, and assure the quality and accessibility of health services throughout Wyandotte County.
The Essential Public Health Services listed below provide a working definition of public health and a guiding framework for the responsibilities of local public health systems.
Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Our Vision Statement… Leading the way to a healthier community and cleaner environment through community partnerships and the support of the Unified Government.
Our Mission Statement… Monitor and assess health status indicators to identify community health problems, promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviors.
||8:30 am to 5:00 pm
||P: (913) 573-8855
|619 Ann Avenue
||Monday - Friday
||F: (913) 321-7932
|Kansas City, KS
||Selected services on: