County Clerk's Office
Hattie Smith, Tax Levy Manager
701 N 7th St., 3rd Floor
Room 318, Kansas City, KS 66101
Phone: 913-573-2876, Prompt 0
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- An original deed must be on file with the Register of Deeds Office
- The Register of Deeds Office is located at 710 N. 7th Street on the 1st Floor, Suite 100. Their contact number is 573-2841.
- The legal description located on the deed should describe the actual parcel of land as well as match the information in the Tax Administration System (TAS)
- The deed must be notarized with the month, date, and year of notarization and notary’s signature must be legible
- Notary expiration date must be valid and date the document is notarized cannot exceed notary’s expiration date
- Grantor (current property owner) must match the information listed in the TAS.
- Documents will be rejected if names on original deed do not match tax roll records
- Grantee (recipient of the property) information will be entered exactly as it appears on the deed