Frequently Asked Questions
701 North 7th Street, Suite 649
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Does the Unified Government administer M/WBE certification?
- The Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas (UG) does not administer M/WBE certification.
- A firm must be certified by one of the following agencies to be recognized as an M/WBE by the UG:
- Certification from other reputable public or private agencies may be accepted by the Contract Compliance Department. M/WBE certification is not required to do business with the UG.
Are M/WBE goals set on Public Works projects?
- Yes, with the assistance of the UG Contract Fairness Board which consists of members from area chambers, construction industry professionals, and business development agencies.
Does the Unified Government have local business goals?
- Yes. LBE goals are established on Development projects that have an economic development incentive. The UG Commission has not approved a policy on local business goals for UG projects.
How do I fill out the Questionnaire on Personnel Practices?
- For help when filling out the questionnaire, please call the Contract Compliance Department at 913-573-5440.