Department of Urban Planning and Land Use - Annex
Melissa Mitchell, CFM, DRC Coordinator
4953 State Avenue
Kansas City, Kansas 66102
Phone: 913-573-8664 phone
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Electronic Document Review Submittal Requirements
March 2014 - EDR Applicant Users Guide
In an effort to reduce plan sets and improve communication between the applicant and the plan reviewer, the UG is working towards streamlining the plan review process by adding Electronic Document Review (EDR). EDR will be available for the Department of Urban Planning and Land Use applications (Planning Commission) and the Development Review Committee (commercial building permit applications). Staff will utilize Adobe Pro to review and generate plan review comments for these applications.
There are obstacles for us to work though before a final product is rolled out, but we are able to offer a soft opening of this process as we continue to work towards our 2014 goals. Are goals are to allow for full electronic submittals though an online application or ftp site, accept credit card payments, and improve the DRC inspection process. We appreciate your participation in the soft opening and welcome all comments and suggestions on the development of this process. Follow our updates at www.wycokck.org/EDR.
The EDR process aims to:
- Reduce the need to print large-scale plans; annual savings projected for development clients.
- Enhanced communication and collaboration across internal and external teams.
- Support concurrent reviews by multiple reviewers on a single set of plans or documents.
- Promote savings in time associated with archiving.
A complete DRC submittal shall include:
- Permit application.
- Plan review fee.
- 5 individual CDs containing PDFs of the plan set*.
- 3 hard sets of complete construction plans, signed and sealed by a Kansas licensed professional(s). 1 final hard copy will be required at the time of permit approval.
- 2 hard copies of any supporting documents such as calculations, spec books, COMcheck, etc.
A complete Planning Commission submittal shall include:
- Development application.
- Development application fee.
- 6 individual CDs containing PDFs of the plan set*.
- 4 hard sets of complete construction plans, signed and sealed by a Kansas licensed professional(s).
- 2 hard copies of any supporting documents such as calculations, reports, etc.
Electronic plan submittal standards:
- Individual CDs containing PDFs of the plan set shall follow the File Plan Naming Standards*.
- PDF sheets shall be saved as D sheets, 24”x36”.
- Submittal shall include 1 complete set of the project as a PDF (civil, architectural, MEP, etc).
- Submittal shall include the set broken down by individual sheet; each sheet shall be titled and shall include the sheet number. Reference File Plan Naming Standards.
- Each sheet shall be required to have the digital seal of the Kansas licensed surveyor, architect, and/or engineer and the seal date. Plans will not be reviewed unless each sheet is sealed and dated.
- Resubmittal shall follow the same schedule for Planning Commission and DRC applications as listed above. Individual CDs shall contain the original plan submittal and the revised sheets. CD cover shall be labeled by the project name, address, and submittal date. A PDF detailed transmittal letter specifying how staff comments were addressed shall be included on the CD. The submitted electronic plans shall not use the color “red” for plans, drawings, notations, etc. Reference File Plan Naming Standards.
- Revised sheets will be accepted via email if less than 4 sheets at EDR@wycokck.org. A PDF detailed transmittal letter specifying how staff comments were addressed shall be included on the CD. The submitted electronic plans shall not use the color “red” for plans, drawings, notations, etc. Reference File Plan Naming Standards. Final PDF record of plan sets shall be provided at the time of permit issuance if revised sheets were received via email. Seal date shall match the seal date of the approved sheets. Transmittal letter confirming seal dates and sheets shall be provided by the architect and/or engineer of record and shall be signed and sealed.
- New electronic submittals and resubmittals shall follow the same submittal process. Submittals shall be provided to the DRC Coordinator for distribution.
Melissa Mitchell, CFM
Neighborhood Resource Center
4953 State Avenue
Kansas City, Kansas 66102
(913) 573-8664| firstname.lastname@example.org
If the electronic submittal is not at the minimal standards listed above, it will not be accepted. Size of your project is taken into consideration and additional printed plan sets may be requested. It shall be at the discretion of the DRC members to accept electronic plan review submittals for DRC projects.