Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Clerk

County Clerk's Office

State of Kansas Hunting & Fishing



bass fish deer

Kansas Wildlife Parks Fish and Game Permits: 

Please visit to purchase licenses online (Quick Links menu) and for additional information. Citizens wanting to learn more about hunting regulations or boat registration for the State of Kansas should contact the Kansas Wildlife & Parks District Office, 8304 Hedge Lane Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66227, at 913-422-1314 or the Pratt Field Office, 512 SE 25th Avenue, Pratt, Kansas 67124 at 316 672-5911. For information specific to Wyandotte County, see the Rules and Regulations for fishing in Wyandotte County.  

Locations to buy State Hunting & Fishing Licenses/Permits in Wyandotte County

All annual hunting licenses can be purchased online by clicking here or through all licensed agents, or the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks offices. The County Clerk’s office also sells fish and game permits upon request through the new automated system. Both residents and non-residents are charged a $1.50 processing fee in addition to the fees imposed by the Kansas Fish and Game Dept.

Fishing and Hunting licenses are to be filled out according to the instructions on the permit. A photo ID is required at time of purchase. Customer receives the white copy as proof of purchase. It is Kansas Law that this information be on your person while participating in the sport you are licensed for. HIP (Habitat Improvement Program), trout and waterfowl stamps are also available through the Clerk’s office. The cost is $1.00 plus the process fee.

Parking permits to State Parks can be purchased at the Kansas Wildlife & Parks District Office, 8304 Hedge Lane Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66227. The contact number is 913 422-1314.Throughout the state during 2014, depending on the first letter of your last name, conversions are taking place to allow parking permits to be purchased in the same locations as a person’s vehicle tags. Please continue to check throughout the year with the District Office to see if your permit is available for purchase at your local tags and registration purchase site.

Applications and Fees for the State of Kansas Licenses

Residents (*) age 16 through 74 must have a resident license in possession while fishing in Kansas, unless exempt by law. All nonresidents 16 and older must have a valid nonresident license to fish in Kansas. All licenses expire Dec. 31 each year, except five-day, lifetime, and 24-hour fishing licenses.

On January 1, 2014, Kansas residents age 65 - 74 will be required to have hunting and/or fishing license. A reduced price lifetime combination hunting/fishing license or a half price annual fishing, annual hunting, or combination annual license will be available for purchase beginning Dec. 14, 2013.

(*) Residency is defined as living in the state for 60 days immediately prior to purchase, except for lifetime licenses, which require one year.

If you would like to receive a Kansas Fishing Regulations Summary, please contact the Clerk’s Office to request this annual booklet. Our contact number is 913 573-2876, or

 Line Divider Gray 

 UG Logo gif   
Clerk's Office Hours Hattie Smith Phone Numbers
City Hall 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Tax Levy Manager P: (913) 573-2826-0
701 N 7th Street Monday - Friday Email F: (913) 573-5005 
Suite 318      
Kansas City, KS 66101       

Background Piece Background Piece