Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Clerk

County Clerk's Office

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I obtain a birth/death certificate from the State of Kansas from July 1911 to the present?
Call: Vital Statistics Department of Kansas State Department of Health, 900 Southwest Jackson, Topeka, Kansas 66612, (785) 296-1400 or The price is $13 for the first copy and $8 for each additional copy. For credit card requests, call (785) 296-3253.

How can I obtain birth/death records from 1892 to June 1911?
Call: Unified Government Clerk's Office, (913) 573-5260. The Clerk's Office is located in the East Building.

How can I obtain a birth/death certificate from the State of Missouri?
Call: Health Department of Missouri Vital Records, 2400 Troost, Suite 1200, Kansas City, Missouri, (816) 513-6314. 

How do I make an appearance before a standing committee?
Send a letter of request to appear to the Unified Government Clerk's Office, 701 N. 7th St, Rm. 323, Kansas City, Kansas 66101 with details of your appearance request.

What do I need to transfer ownership on property?A deed is the most common document to transfer ownership. A death certificate, divorce decree, or probate settlement are also examples of documents that may be accepted. If you were just married a new deed is needed to transfer ownership from your maiden to married name.

Who do you contact if the person who is listed as the owner has passed away, and there are no other owner names filed?Contact Probate Court, 913-573-2832.

Where can I obtain a copy of my deed?
The Register of Deeds, 710 N. 7th St, Kansas City, KS 66101, (913)573-2841.

How do I obtain real estate tax information?
Call: Clerk's West Office, (913) 573-2876.

How do you check for a lien on the property?
All liens are handled through Civil Department/Clerk of the District Court,

How do I obtain copies of ordinances and resolutions governing Kansas City, Kansas?
Call: Unified Government Clerk, (913) 573-5260. The first five pages are free. Each additional page is $.25 per page. The Unified Government Clerk's Office requires advance payment if a citizen wishes to obtain the information through the mail.

What is the difference between Municipal Court Clerk and Unified Government Clerk?
The Municipal Court Clerk provides public service regarding the Municipal Court, its judges, tickets and payments. The Unified Government Clerk establishes and maintains accurate recordings of official public documents for Commission and Standing Committee meetings.

What is the status of my court case?
Call: Clerk of the District Court, 573-2901.

What is my court date?
If your ticket is white contact: Municipal court in city hall 573-5200.
If you ticket is yellow then it was issued by the highway patrol and you need to call traffic at 573-4117.

Where can you inquire about unclaimed property?
Kansas State Treasury department in Topeka, KS, 1-800-432-0386.

Where do you go to have lots combined or split into other lots?
Contact the GeoSpatial department located in the basement of the Wyandotte County Courthouse- (913)573-2941.

Line Divider Gray
 UG Logo gif   
City Clerk's Office Hours Bridgette Cobbins Phone Numbers
City Hall 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Clerk P: (913) 573-5260
701 N 7th Street Monday - Friday Email F: (913) 573-5299
Suite 323   Carol Godsil P: (913) 573-5263
Kansas City, KS 66101    Deputy Clerk P: (913) 573-8039

Background Piece Background Piece