Neighborhood Resource Center
Code Enforcement Monthly Target
The Code Enforcement Division of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas brings you this message monthly to encourage voluntary citizen compliance to reduce blight and beautify the appearance of our city.
THE UNIFIED GOVERNMENT TARGET OF THE MONTH
The Code Enforcement Division of the Unified Government in its continuing effort to reduce blight and enhance the appearance of our city is continuing its mission to educate the public about code violations. The purpose of this program is to encourage Voluntary compliance toward the abatement of structural and environmental problems.
The Target of the Month is:
DISPLAY OF ADDRESS
Sec. 8-1 & Sec. 8-2. Display of address required on structures and mobile homes.
(a) All single-family, two-family, multifamily, commercial, industrial and institutional structures and mobile homes within the city limits shall be required to display the correct numerical addresses upon the faces of the structures or mobile homes. Such display shall meet the following requirements:
(1) All addresses required to be displayed herein shall be represented by Arabic numerals, script or lettering describing the correct numerical address. The correct numerical address shall be, in case of ambiguity, that address determined to be the correct numerical address by the division of planning.
(2) The Arabic numerals, script or lettering describing the numerical address shall be at least four (4) inches in height and shall contrast in color with the background of the structure upon which they are placed.
(3) The numerical address shall be clearly visible from the addressed street and it shall be free from vegetation or other objects which may obstruct the view of same numerical address.
(4) The numerical address shall be placed at least three (3) feet above and not more than twenty (20) feet above ground level measured from a point directly below the numerals.
(5) The numerical address shall be positioned on the structure or mobile home so that it appears on the street side of the structure from which it is addressed.
(b) All multifamily structures shall in addition to the numerical address upon the face of the structure be required to identify either by number or letter each individual dwelling unit contained within the structure.
(c) Mobile homes shall be required to, when in a mobile home court, have the individual lot number or other lot designation placed upon the face of the mobile home, which lot number or other lot designation shall be clearly visible from the street or roadway which directly services the mobile home.
Violation of these ordinances could result in prosecution with a fine ranging up to $2,500.00 and/or a possible jail sentence of up to six (6) months.
You may contact Code Enforcement Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (913) 573-8600.