Public Health Department
Prenatal/Maternal and Infant Services
Monday Afternoons & Wednesday and Thursday Mornings
Prenatal/Maternal and Infant Services provides women of childbearing age and their family’s access to prenatal health care, nutritional, and educational services needed for healthy pregnancies and children.
|Some of the services available:
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Referral for adoption services
- Medical History and screening
- Routine lab, radiology, and medications
- Support Services by licensed social worker and registered dietician
- Case Management by registered nurses
- Educational classes
- Formal referrals into a network of medical care providers who will provide:
- Prenatal care
- High risk prenatal care
- Delivery services
- Home visits post delivery by a registered nurse to monitor mother and child well-being
- Assistance with navigating other community resources
Prenatal Education: Becoming a Mom Program English | Spanish
Q: Are appointments necessary?
A: Yes, please call 913-573-8855 to make an appointment.
Q: Is there a fee?
A: There is a nominal fee charged for most personal health services. Some fees are based on a sliding scale, while others have a set fee.
Q: Are there any eligibility requirements?
A: Yes, you must live in Wyandotte County.
||P: (913) 573-6714
|619 Ann Avenue
||F: (913) 573-6729
|Kansas City, KS
|| (913) 573-6706