For-profit and not-for-profit entities are allowed to underwrite the production and/or broadcast of acceptable programming on UGTV under the following criteria:
Announcements of underwriting support may include:
- a trade name or brand name; location and phone number;
- logos or slogans that are not of a promotional nature;
- value-neutral descriptions of a product line or service that aid in identifying the contributor;
- names or service listings that do not include qualitative or comparative language.
UGTV is not allowed to promote the goods or service of any underwriter. In order to avoid "promoting," announcements made regarding entities who have furnished some consideration must not include any:
- mention of price information, interest rate, discount, savings, or value of any kind;
- call to action regarding a company such as suggest the viewer "call," "come by," "try," or even "be sure" in relation to a product or service;
- inducements to buy a product or service; qualitative or comparative language describing a product or service such as language something is, “the best”, "largest," "smallest," or "most" anything.