Emergency Preparedness plans for and responds to public health emergencies for the residents and visitors to Wyandotte Count
Emergency Preparedness works to:
- Prepare and plan for public health emergencies with community partners and agencies with whom we respond.
- Coordinates with epidemiology regarding surveillance of disease within the county to ensure early detection of outbreaks.
- Plans for social distancing measures such as isolation, quarantine, and the closing of venues to decrease the spread of disease.
- Plans for the dissemination of health information during public health emergencies to ensure residents and visitors have the most accurate and updated information.
- Plans for mass countermeasure dispensing/vaccination to residents and visitors in the event of an emergency where medications/vaccines are available.
- Exercises with community partners and agencies to ensure a timely and well coordinated response.
To contact the Health Department to report a public health emergency, risk, problem, or environmental or occupational public health hazard, please call:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
You are the Help Program
Prepare Metro KC
Kansas City Regional Fusion Center
Prepare Your Home and Family | Spanish
Plan Ahead for Disasters | Spanish
People with Functional Needs | Spanish
Pet Owners | Spanish
Activity Awareness Video
Kansas State Statute (K.S.A)
||Emergency Planning and
Kansas Administrative Regulations (K.A.R)