Unified Government (UG) DotMaps Public Terms & Conditions of Use Policy
Ver. 1.0, October 2004. © 2015 Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS
This policy governs the public use of maps and tabular report data produced by the UG DotMaps Public Web Mapper application offered to the general public.
Section I. Data Limitations
- DotMaps maps are intended for display and reference purposes only.
- Cadastral (parcel, or land ownership boundary) information is not survey quality and should not be used for legal decisions or notices. Any planimetric information (streets, sidewalks, railroads, water features, etc.) is not necessarily accurate to engineering, survey, or navigational standards. The user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of this data.
- Assessed property values may not necessarily be certified values for ad valorem tax purposes.
- GIS data layers come from a variety of sources and lineage and may not align perfectly when overlaid with one another.
- You, the map user, must exercise good judgment when acting upon this mapped information. DotMaps map data should always be independently verified with original (primary) data sources for accuracy/currency/completeness if circumstances (such as possible economic loss, physical injury risk, etc.) require it.
- Metadata (documentation about GIS datasets or map layers, and tabular reports) may be provided for DotMaps-generated maps.You are encouraged to read it.
Section II. Kansas Open Records Act
The Kansas Open Records Act provides in K.S.A. 45-230 that "no person shall knowingly sell, give or receive, for the purpose of selling or offering for sale, any property or service to persons listed therein, any list of names and addresses contained in, or derived from public records...” Violation of this law may subject the violator to a civil penalty of $500 for each violation. Violators will be reported for prosecution.
By accessing this site, the user makes the following certification pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220(c)(2):“The requester does not intend to, and will not:
- Use any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed; or
- sell, give or otherwise make available to any person any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of allowing that person to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed.”
Section III. Data Disclaimer
DotMaps Data is provided "as is" without warranty or any representation of accuracy, timeliness or completeness. The burden for determining accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability and fitness for or the appropriateness for use rests solely on the user. The Unified Government makes NO REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR ARE ANY SUCH WARRANTIES TO BE IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION, DATA, OR SERVICE FURNISHED HEREIN. The user acknowledges and accepts the limitations of the Data, including the fact that the Data is dynamic and is in a constant state of maintenance, correction and update.
In no event shall the Unified Government become liable to users of these data, or any other party, for any loss or damages, consequential or otherwise, including but not limited to time, money, or good will, arising from the use, operation or modification of the data. In using the data, users further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Unified Government harmless for any and all liability of any nature arising out of or resulting from the lack of accuracy or correctness of the data or the use of the data.
You understand that there may be errors or omissions in map data or programming in this application, and that correction of defects is not guaranteed. If you find any errors please bring them to UG technical staff's attention.
Section IV. Data Usage Restrictions
There are no restrictions on distribution of printed DotMaps maps, other than the UG copyright/credit notice should be legible on the print.
By clicking on "I Agree" button, you certify that you agree to abide by above Terms & Conditions of Use of DotMaps, an online service provided by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS.
You will then be connected with DotMaps.