Performance & Innovation
The Performance & Innovation Division, a part of the Knowledge Department, increases the UG's capacity in performance management, project management, data-driven decision support and innovation. The team is comprised of resources versed in business process improvement, data analysis, requirements definition, software selection, software implementation, change management, risk management, research, training, data analysis and project management to a support UG departments and agencies in increasing their performance and service capabilities.
The team operates cross-functionally with internal and external resources to deliver organizational initiatives with goals of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. The team up-to-date on new and innovative ideas through industry publications, industry groups, and active involvement in the strong entrepreneurial and technology incubators and organizations within the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
Support the attainment of the Governing Body priorities by partnering with Unified Government (UG) departments and agencies to develop and implement innovative and continuous business process and systems improvement using proven methodologies to enable the departments and agencies to best serve their internal and external customers.
- Continue moving the existing initiatives forward while building the department. Of critical importance are the public safety systems such as New World CAD, Mobile and Law-Enforcement Records Management System (LERMS), as well as the fiber network.
- Implement and standardize consistent project methodologies, approaches and toolsets.
- Market the capabilities of the team as a resource for UG departments and agencies.
- Deployed the afterhours juvenile mobile arrest warrant process and system to address Kansas legislation changes.
- Leading a multi-county initiative to select and implement a new Heath Department Electronic Medical Records System.
- Partnering with the KCK Municipal Court Administrator to kick off the Judicial Information Working Group and the public safety technology roadmap initiatives.
- Moving forward with the KCK PD body worn camera initiative to be ready for deployment as the fiber network is implemented.
- Assisting Finance, Accounting, Procurement and Treasury with streamlining the purchasing card process.
- Partnering with Human Resources Recruiters to understand and streamline the applicant tracking and hiring processes.