The Knowledge Department brings together technology, analytical and customer service capabilities in service of residents, businesses and UG departments. The Knowledge Department works across the UG and brings a cross-functional perspective to projects and initiatives.
Support the attainment of the Governing Body priorities by partnering with Unified Government (UG) departments and agencies to develop and implement innovative and effective process and technology solutions that enable the departments and agencies to best serve their customers. Provide high-quality customer service to internal and external customers and be a resource for departments in the expanded use of data to support operations and decision-making.
- Maintaining a customer-service orientation to internal and external projects and communications.
- Continue to expand the department’s work in support UG departments in the selection and implementation of technology and business process solutions.
- Implementation of UG fiber network is a complex project that offers significant new opportunities to improve operations and bring new capabilities into the UG
- Stood-up new Performance and Innovation Division, utilizing existing FTE’s to expand the project management and process improvement capabilities
- Moving to a cloud-first strategy that seeks to lower total cost of ownership for IT assets while increasing security and flexibility
- Extended IT support to KCKPD and FD to assist our public safety agencies with IT needs
- Launched new Open Data Portal
- Leading UG fiber initiative that will provide fiber to support body cameras for the KCKPD
- Developing new 3-1-1 mobile application and integrated 3-1-1 system that will connect directly to Public Works and NRC
- Working with the District Attorney’s office on data visualization and paperless processing
- Launched inter-departmental working groups to support collaboration on cross-cutting needs such as fiber and the management of video.