Common Property Maintenance Violations
Have you ever wondered what kinds of violations the Property Maintenance Division deals with the most?
As a homeowner, renter, or neighbor you can help keep our neighborhoods safe and clean.
Common Maintenance Issues
Excessive Weeds or Overgrowth
- Grass and weeds cannot be over 8 inches tall.
- Trees and bushes must be trimmed and well maintained.
- Garbage, trash, dead trees, and debris must be removed from your property.
- Garbage or trash cannot be set on the curb for pickup before 4:00 PM on the day before your scheduled collection day.
- After collection day all trash cans should be removed from street view.
Exterior Painting & General Repair
- The exterior of your buildings should be painted if it is not already or repainted if the paint is peeling or cracking off the house.
- Windows should be in working condition. They cannot be blocked or boarded up.
- All properties should be secured from the weather and trespassers.
Basic Property Standards
- The structure must be in a safe and sanitary manner.
- It should have all basic services such as safe electrical, heating and plumbing.
- There should be exits, floor space, ventilation and light.
- Porches and stairs must be structurally sound.
- The property must be free of trash, vermin and any other health hazard.
- The house numbers need to be at least 4 inches and posted.
- Large appliances or other kinds of salvage items/equipment should not be stored outside.
- Vehicles that don't work cannot be parked on residential property
- Tow trucks, dump trucks, semi-tractors and trailers, back hoes, high loaders, or other heavy dirt moving equipment in a residential area.
- Vehicles must be parked on surfaces paved with cement, black top or existing gravel.
- Vehicles must be up-to-date on required registration. The plate must belong to the vehicle and be visible.
Find more Ordinances that apply to an address
Find out about the process and actions you can take.
Make a Report
You can make a report using our digital service right from your phone or computer.