Long-range planning seeks to develop a unified vision of a community’s future and then identify strategies to reach that vision. Long-range plans typically have a planning horizon of 25-50 years and an implementation or action plan for the first 10 years. While each community is unique, in the Unified Government, the Comprehensive Plan lays out the vision Citywide. In some cases, a comprehensive plan may cover Wyandotte County, as is the case for the goDotte Strategic Mobility Plan.
COMING SOON: 2023 cITYWIDE cOMPREHENSIVE pLAN
In 2023, the Department of Planning + Urban Design will launch the Citywide Comprehensive Plan, an update of the 2008 Citywide Master Plan. This plan occurs parallel to three other large planning efforts - the Citywide Historic Preservation Plan, Economic Development Strategy, and Housing Strategy. Each of these projects will serve as chapters of the 2023 Citywide Comprehensive Plan. Other topics covered in this plan include: food systems, sustainability, arts and culture, open space preservation and land use.
Do you have an important topic in mind for the Citywide Comprehensive Plan? Or would you like to host a community engagement session on one of these topics? Email Long Range Planner Alyssa Marcy at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
2023 Citywide Comprehensive Plan - Downloadable Presentation(PDF, 2MB)
GODOTTE COUNTYWIDE STRATEGIC MOBILITY PLAN
The City-Wide Master Plan
Adopted in 2008, the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas City-Wide Master Plan (Master Plan) is a guide that was designed to achieve the community’s vision of a forward looking, environmentally minded city with development that supports healthy neighborhoods and the City’s rich and diverse cultural history.
The Plan is intended to:
- Serve as a resource for developers, property owners, business owners and residents;
- Serve as a marketing tool for environmentally minded industries and businesses;
- Incorporate sustainable approaches to development and enhance natural areas;
- Revitalize neighborhoods;
- Identify a true “multi-modal” transportation network that balances the needs of motorists, transit, pedestrians and cyclists;
- Recognize, reinforce and enhance established neighborhood identify and sense of place;
- Prioritize public infrastructure investments; and
- Outlines an action plan for implementation.
*An updated of the City-Wide Master Plan is to launch in Fall of 2022 (Stay Tuned!)
The City-Wide Master Plan:(PDF, 4MB)
- Cover(PDF, 277KB)
- Acknowledgements(PDF, 277KB)
- Table of Contents(PDF, 277KB)
- Introduction(PDF, 208KB)
- Policy Plan(PDF, 612KB)
- Land Use Plan(PDF, 1MB)
- Urban Design(PDF, 364KB)
- Parks, Open Space & Trails(PDF, 260KB)
- Transportation(PDF, 266KB)
- Plan Influences(PDF, 601KB)
- Implementation(PDF, 668KB)
- Glossary of Terms