Zoning Code Interpretation
The Ordinance Studies Division of the Department of Planning and Urban Design focuses on and advocates for the improvement of the Unified Government Code of Ordinances. The division seeks to improve our ordinances through ordinance studies, code interpretations, and community outreach to create a zoning code that serves the needs of the community and forms a framework for quality development.
You can view the Unified Government Code of Ordinances and the Unified Government Zoning Map below:
Recently Updated Ordinances
The Unified Government Code of Ordinances grants the Director of Planning the authority to make written interpretations concerning the provisions of the Zoning Code and the Official Zoning Maps. All current and historic director’s interpretations are listed below in satisfaction of Section 27-218(d). Any requests for interpretation shall be submitted to the Director of Planning for review.
Any requests for interpretation shall be submitted to the Director of Planning for review.
- Narrow Lot Design Guidelines (September 27, 2022)(PDF, 299KB)
- Vehicle Fuel Pumps (September 27, 2022)(PDF, 356KB)
- Banner Sign Interpretation (August 12, 2017)(PDF, 433KB)
- Code Interpretation of Emergency Severe Weather Shelters (December 18, 2020)(PDF, 276KB)
- Code Interpretation of Master Plan Amendment Additional Meetings (January 11, 2021)(PDF, 233KB)
- Fireworks Stands Standards (July 12, 2022)(PDF, 216KB)
- 2023 Additional Meetings for Master Plan Amendment (February 15, 2023)(PDF, 191KB)
Help us better understand any issues with your experience.