Peak Performance Awards
Water Pollution Control received the four Peak Performance Awards from the National Association of Clean Water Agency (NACWA) in 2016.
The four treatment plants recognized:
- Kaw Point received a Gold award
- Plant 20 received a Silver Award
- Plant 14 received a Silver Award
- Wolcott received a Silver Award
Peak Performance Awards are as follows:
- Platinum Awards - 100% compliance with permit for 5 consecutive years
- Gold Awards - 100% compliance with permit for 1 year
- Silver Awards - 5 or fewer violations in 1 year
Merriam Lane Reconstruction Project
Public Works received an award for the Merriam Lane Reconstruction and Improvement Project from the American Concrete Pavement Association's (ACPA) during their annual conference held on February 28th, 2017.
The project was a winner in the category of best Concrete Overlays (streets and roads). This was the first phase of the Merriam Lane project which extends from S. 24th St. to S. 10th St.