Andrew Davis is the 8th District Commissioner of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/ Kansas City, Kansas. The 8th District is in North Central Kansas City, Kansas and includes notable institutions like the main Kansas City, Kansas Community College (KCKCC) campus, the KCKCC Technical Education Center, F.L. Schlagle High School, Washington High School, Sunset Hills Church, Eisenhower Middle School, Gloria Willis Middle School, the former site of the Indian Springs Mall and Christ the King Catholic Church on Leavenworth Road.
Commissioner Davis was sworn into office on December 13th, 2021. As the 8th District Commissioner, he is primarily responsible for representing the interest of 8th District residents and ensuring their needs are met as they pertain to the Unified Government. Commissioner Davis plans to improve the lives of all who live in Wyandotte County by bringing transparency, innovation, diversity, and advocacy to the Unified Government.
- Community Development Associate at Community Capital Fund
- Harvesters Community Food Network
- Former City Manager Intern for the City of Lawrence
- Former Youth and College Pastor at Vintage in Lawrence, KS
Being active in the community is a high priority and longstanding commitment of Commissioner Davis which has taken many forms since being inaugurated. Some examples include speaking at the JAG-K ceremony at Wyandotte High School, participating in Breakfast and Books by the Jegna Klub at Eugene Ware Elementary, serving as a judge for the Young KCK Entrepreneurs, assisting with Harvesters Food Distribution with Community Policing and speaking to youth from various high schools in KCK at the Learning Club.
Commission Standing Committees
- Community & Neighborhood Development
- Economic Development & Finance
- University of Kansas – Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Religious Studies, minor in African/ African-American Studies.
- University of Kansas – Master’s in Public Administration with an emphasis in Local Government Management. 2022 Class Co-President.
Favorite thing about Wyandotte County
- I love the resilience of our community. We have been through so much historically and have prevailed in so many ways.
- Commissioner Davis is married to his college sweetheart Andrea, and they have one dog “Cocoa” who takes up all their love.