Need to register or update a vacant property? Here's where you can update your registration or contact information.
There are two paths for registering your vacant property depending on if your property is privately owned or mortgaged/lien held in default.
A privately owned property is . . .
- A building or structure you own with no lien or mortgage, OR;
- Has a lien/mortgage but not undergoing a foreclosure.
A mortgaged/lien held in default property is . . .
- A property subject to an ongoing foreclosure action, OR;
- Has been the subject of a foreclosure action and a judgement has been entered, OR;
- Has been the subject of a foreclosure sale where the title was transferred to the beneficiary of a mortgage involved in the foreclosure and any properties transferred under a deed in lieu of foreclosure/sale.
Why do I need to register my vacant property?
We want to ensure that the owners of vacant properties are known to the city and other interested parties and can be reached if necessary. We also want to make sure that owners of vacant properties are aware of the obligations of ownership under relevant codes and regulations and that they meet minimum standards of maintenance for those properties.