Motor Vehicle Division

Motor Vehicle Landing Page Image The Motor Vehicle Office is a division of the Treasurer’s Office. Whether you own a car, a motorcycle, a motorized bicycle, or a truck, you need to get a renewal for your license plate each year through the Wyandotte County Treasurer's Office. To get the renewal, you need to pay a state motor vehicle registration renewal fee and the local property taxes on your vehicle. Military and full-time college students may register at either their legal residence or where they are stationed. Vehicles registered in another state must re-register the vehicle.

For more information contact our Office: (913) 573-2823 or Call Center.

Closed on Wednesdays

Motor Vehicles Offices will be closed on Wednesdays starting June 1, 2022

We are learning new skills and receiving training to improve our services.

Learn More

New Service Options Begin July 5, 2022

We are excited to see you!

Starting July 5th, 2022 we will offer walk-in services at both locations for all types of transactions.

You can do lots of busy online, but if you would like to come in make sure to check those wait times!

Need to Change Your Address? 

Have you moved? Is your address different from what is on your title or registration?

Getting your records up-to-date will make processes go faster.