Unified Government Open Data
The Unified Government is committed to financial transparency. In this spirit, we've provided this online application to allow the public access to a broad range of financial reports currently available in three categories from 2005 to the current year.
This one-stop shop is for all financial activities and functions of the government. The OpenGov platform has interactive charts and graphs designed to help you understand how the City and County spends and receives money. To learn more about your government, start exploring the financial reports, department budgets and historical data. New data will be added each year following adoption of the budget, giving the public access to the most current department budget information, revenue and expenditure trends.
This resource is a part of our ongoing effort to enhance transparency, share information with the community and promote public engagement in our local government.
Navigation Tips on Using the Open Financial Data
Explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the title of the Report you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report.
- Select Filter to display key menus.
- You can use the Show drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the “Filtered By” option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- If your organization has uploaded multiple years of data, a Fiscal Year slider will be present below the Filtered By menu. Move the sliders to choose the fiscal year(s) whose data you would like to see.
- There are (5) different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time.
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year. To view data for other years, move the slider below the pie chart.
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform
- Recall the Welcome Screen
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting
- Contact the administrators of the account.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table
- Download a spreadsheet
Frequently Asked Questions