The Wyandotte County Historical Museum has a wide variety of archival research materials. If you are interested in researching a topic within Wyandotte County, please complete a research request form to get started. You may also be able to locate valuable information, including cemetery records, in the indexes available below.
- The Research Library is open by appointment Monday through Saturday.
- The holdings of the Library are non-circulating; researchers wishing to make use of materials are required to do so in the Archives.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Archives collections or research areas at any time.
- Coats, bags, and other personal property not essential to research projects are not permitted at the researcher’s work area.
- Researchers may only take notes with pencil and paper or laptop computer.
- Materials are to be used only in the reading room under the supervision of staff. The quantity of materials provided for examination at any one time may be limited.
- The existing order of documents within each folder should be maintained. If there is any doubt as to the order or if there is apparent damage, the staff must be notified.
- When handling artifacts, researchers must wear gloves upon staff request.
- Permission to publish from any unpublished documents, beyond the bounds of "fair use", must be obtained from the holder of copyright. It is the researcher's responsibility to secure that permission.
- Parts of collections may be scanned or photocopied for the researcher's personal use; however, staff will make the photocopies of the requested items. Staff also reserves the right to refuse to make copies due to the physical condition of the item(s).
- Due to the sensitive nature of the information in some of the Archives’ record groups, access may be restricted to specified persons only. Researchers requesting access to these collections will be advised by staff of the limitations and the extent to which the collections may be used.
First 15 minutes of research assistance is free, $10.00 for each additional 15 minutes
8x11 photocopies -$.25 each
11 x 17 photocopies - $.50 each
Personal Use - $2.00 each
Non-Profit Use - $5.00 each
For Profit Use - $10.00 each
Note sure where to start? Take a look at these finding aids to get started.
Cemetery Maps & Indexes
Wyandotte County Cemetery Overview(JPG, 2MB)
Mount Hope(PDF, 1MB)
Oak Grove(JPG, 2MB)
Old Quindaro(JPG, 1MB)
Stoney Point(JPG, 1MB)
New Combined Cemetery Index!
Sorted by Last Name(PDF, 34MB)
Sorted by Cemetery(PDF, 33MB)
Includes Elm Park, Griffin, Huron, Oak Grove, Old Quindaro, Pleasant Ridge-Douglas, Prairie Township, Saylor, Shawnee Township, Woodlawn.
Additional Cemetery Indexes
Grinter Chapel(PDF, 6MB)
Mt Hope(PDF, 13MB)
Quindaro on Parallel(PDF, 2MB)
Stoney Point(PDF, 6MB)
White Church(PDF, 3MB)
Other Cemetery Resources
Highland Park - (913) 371-0667
Memorial Park - (913) 321-5100
Maple Hill - (913) 262-6610
Chapel Hill - (913) 334-3366
Mt. Calvary - (913) 371-4040
Find a Grave
Photograph Finding Aids
1903 Flood(PDF, 2MB)
1951 Flood(PDF, 1MB)
7th Street(PDF, 1MB)
18th Street(PDF, 290KB)
Bonner Springs(PDF, 940KB)
Minnesota Ave(PDF, 1MB)
Each of these finding aids is filtered by keyword. As a result, some searches may include more than one topic. To view any of these photographs or for more information, please complete a research request form. Please include the corresponding catalog numbers with your request.