The mission of the Treasurer’s Office is to assist the Chief Financial Officer in maintaining prudent custodianship of municipal funds by handling all revenue generated by the Unified Government, including the collection of real estate and personal property taxes for the entire County. This office operates according to regulations of the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Receives deposits and reconciles all revenue through the collection of permits, fines, licenses, taxes
- Distributes the tax levies for: Wyandotte County, KS, Kansas City, KS, Bonner Springs, KS, Edwardsville, KS, Four school districts
- Collects current and delinquent: real estate taxes, personal property taxes, special assessments for more than 67,000 tax parcels in Wyandotte County
- Motor Vehicle Program collects: personal property taxes, sales taxes, and registration fees for all motor vehicles in Wyandotte County.
- Kansas City, Kansas Treasury Division Kansas City, Kansas Treasury Division and Department of Motor Vehicle operational changes in response to COVID-19
- Motor Vehicle Services at Wyandotte County’s Annex (8200 State Avenue) location will transition to in-person service by appointment only for new title and vehicle registration services.
- The transition is part of the County’s ongoing efforts to increase public safety and reduce the spread of COVID-19. The appointment system will increase public safety by preventing crowding at the Annex Office.
- Customers requiring new title or vehicle registration services can set their appointment time online at appointment time online by clicking book now below
Motor Vehicle & Treasure FAQ(DOCX, 57KB)