The Engineering Division is responsible for the design and construction of infrastructure projects. These projects include all street and bridge construction, storm and sanitary sewer construction, and all traffic engineering.

Our Division includes:

  • the County Engineer
  • a staff of (5) licensed professional engineers, and;
  • (3) engineers in training

All who specialize in the various facets of civil engineering. Other staff members include a licensed professional land surveyor, and a certified inspection staff.

We provide engineering services and manage0 design projects of the Unified Government which include new construction and upgrades to the city's water and wastewater systems, street and storm sewer infrastructure and traffic control systems. We work closely with other local state governmental entities and planning agencies to coordinate projects.

We also address traffic calming, right of way issues, and street lighting requests. The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for traffic signal engineering, construction and operations, traffic signal timing & coordination, as well as the design of contractor installed traffic control signs and pavement markings.