Bidder Info & Registration
Buying a home through a tax sale can mean incredible deals. Tax Sale 355 is scheduled for June 26, 2024, at 10:00 AM. This is an on-line tax sale on CivicSource. You will need to be pre-registered with Delinquent Real Estate by 8:00 AM on June 21, 2024, to participate. For those interested in bidding on the next tax sale, please read the complete tax sale bidder instructions carefully.
Tax Sale Bidder Instructions
Please read and understand the terms before participating in the sale.
- Property purchased at a tax sale is purchased in "AS IS" condition.
- Potential buyers must do their own research before such purchase.
- You keep what you buy.
- You are responsible for examining the properties in which you have an interest before the tax sale begins.
- You are purchasing property by legal description, NOT street address.
- You will be responsible for paying any and all taxes which have become a lien on the property you purchase subsequent to the date judgement was rendered.
- Buyer is responsible for the CURRENT year taxes and special assessments; they are NOT covered in the tax sale.
Useful Links & Numbers
Who can bid?
- State law prohibits the following people from buying at the auction.
- Those who owe delinquent taxes in Wyandotte County.
- Those who have an interest in the property, such as the owners, mortgagees, relatives, or officers in a corporation which owns the property.
- Those who buy the property with the intent to transfer it to someone who is prohibited from bidding.
- If you fail to pay for the property you purchased by 4:45 PM the day of the sale you will be banned from bidding in any tax sale held by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, KS for two years.
How can I register?
You can register with the Delinquent Real Estate office online or in person. You can register with the Tax Sale website with the link below. You must be pre-registered with the Delinquent Real Estate office by 8:00 AM on June 21, 2024. Registering to be a bidder the day of the sale is not allowed.
You can register in-person at our office at 710 N 7th Street, 2nd Floor, Kansas City, KS, 66101, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Bidder registration is currently open and will close at 8:00 AM on June 21, 2024. Please bring your current government issued photo ID. If you are registering as a business, please also bring a copy of your articles of incorporation and a letter of good standing from the secretary of state in which the company is registered.
You can register online by clicking the button below and filling out the form. Bidder registration is currently open and will close at 8:00 A.M. on June 21, 2024.
Tax Sale Website
You need to set up your tax sale profile with the button below. You do NOT have to set up a profile if you already have one for CivicSource. The auction is not on the website yet, but we encourage you to create your profile with the website as soon as possible if you don't have one. Please use the same email address at CivicSource as you did when registering with Delinquent Real Estate.