Hollywood Casino Grant
The Board of Commissioners established a grant fund to improve the community health of Wyandotte County. Funding for this grant is possible because of an annual contribution from the Hollywood Casino.
watch the grant information session
Download Presentation(PDF, 1MB)
(PDF, 1MB)Fiscal Sponsorship Guidelines & Confirmation(PDF, 136KB)
Learn More About the 2023 Grant Opportunity
Grants are made only to nonprofits that have current 501(c)(3) status. Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organizations.
The Unified Government Hollywood Casino Charitable Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demonstrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County.
Fiscal Sponsor Information(PDF, 136KB)
Eligible Funding Requests
Areas of Interest:
Highest consideration will be given to programs and projects that accomplish the following.
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public.
- Align with the Board of Commissioners’ and Healthy Communities Wyandotte priorities.
- Collaborate efforts among programs or providers.
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication.
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them.
- Reach at-risk or underserved populations.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of a veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization's ability to provide and deliver services
The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation will review all grant applications for eligibility and will submit the list of eligible applications to the Board of Commissioners. Due diligence may include:
- Site visits to interview key staff, board members and key partners (collaborators and funders).
- Review of full application including budget, sustainability plan, etc.
The Board of Commissioners will serve as the Selection Committee. Each Commissioner and the Mayor will be provided with a listing of all grant applications and, upon request, the actual applications. Each Commissioner and the Mayor will designate in writing how they wish to allocate their share of the total funds. The final distribution of funds must be approved by majority vote of the Board of Commissioners at a Commission meeting.
Procedures for Grant Seekers
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first-time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.
Apply by May 3, 2023.
Past Grant Recommendations
Please reach out to Kelli Doyle at email@example.com or (816) 268-3203