Board of Park Commissioners
The Unified Government’s Board of Park Commission is comprised of an (11) member governing body.
The Park & Recreation Commission plays an important, active role in the planning and development process for parks in Wyandotte County. It serves in an advisory role regarding the activities of the Parks and Recreation Department. These activities include but are not limited to making recommendations on park development, long term planning initiatives for park needs and recreation department programs.
Charter Ordinance and Charter Resolution(PDF, 126KB)
Due to Covid-19, meetings are being held virtually every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Upcoming Virtual Meetings Access Information
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 824 2280 0772
Call Toll Free
(877) 853 5257 or (888) 475 4499
Proper meeting decorum is expected of all in attendance at the meeting and anyone who fails to act properly may be removed from the meeting. The Unified Government reserves the right to discontinue a meeting if any improper behavior occurs which prevents the uninterrupted conduct of business.
How to Participate in a Virtual Meeting
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and consistent with County and State Orders limiting gatherings of individuals to 10 persons or less, the meetings of the Unified Government Board of Parks Commission meetings will be conducted remotely using Zoom, an online meeting tool. The Park Board Members and Unified Government Staff will all participate in the meeting remotely. Members of the public may attend meetings virtually using the above link and/or phone dial-in information. The information is also available on the agenda itself.
To participate or comment during the COVID-19 emergency Park Board Meeting, please be aware of the following information:
- Public comments are accepted at the beginning of the meeting and will be limited to 3 minutes. You will need to contact the Parks and Recreation office to speak at (913) 573-8327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are calling into the meeting and would like to speak, you will need to inform the Parks department of the phone number you will be calling from. This is the only way you Parks' staff will be able to allow you to speak.
- If you are joining the meeting virtually, please sign in with your full name so Parks' staff can allow you to speak.
- You can also email a comment to be added to the record at email@example.com and reference the meeting date and agenda item you wish to comment on and it will be made part of the record.
- Other options are to fax your request to (913) 573-8328 or mail your request to Unified Government Parks and Recreation Office, 5033 State Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66101.
- While the public is encouraged to submit comments in advance, meetings that include public hearings will include opportunities for public comment using the Zoom application or to dial into the meeting by phone. Please be prepared to give your first name, last name, address and phone number calling from for the public record.
January 2021 Agenda(PDF, 173KB)
February 2021 Agenda
March 2021 Agenda(PDF, 174KB)
April 2021 Agenda(PDF, 173KB)
May 2021 Agenda(PDF, 176KB)
June 2021 Agenda
July 2021 Agenda(PDF, 176KB)
August 2021 Agenda(PDF, 175KB)
September 2021 Agenda(PDF, 173KB)
October 2021 Agenda(PDF, 175KB)
July 2020 Agenda(PDF, 173KB)
August 2020 Agenda(PDF, 173KB)
September 2020 Agenda(PDF, 172KB)
October 2020 Agenda(PDF, 172KB)
November 2020 Agenda(PDF, 169KB)
January 2021 Minutes(PDF, 253KB)
February 2021 Minutes(PDF, 190KB)
March 2021 Minutes
April 2021 Minutes(PDF, 209KB)
May 2021 Minutes
June 2021 Minutes(PDF, 235KB)
July 2021 Minutes(PDF, 96KB)
August 2021 Minutes(PDF, 219KB)
September 2021 Minutes(PDF, 107KB)
January 2020 Minutes
February 2020 Minutes(PDF, 166KB)
June 2020 Minutes(PDF, 162KB)
July 2020 Minutes(PDF, 298KB)
August 2020 Minutes(PDF, 207KB)
September 2020 Minutes(PDF, 216KB)
October 2020 Minutes(PDF, 263KB)
November 2020 Minutes(PDF, 185KB)
January 2019 Minutes(PDF, 817KB)
February 2019 Minutes(PDF, 858KB)
March 2019 Minutes(PDF, 778KB)
April 2019 Minutes(PDF, 909KB)
June 2019 Minutes(DOCX, 33KB)
July 2019 Minutes(PDF, 165KB)
August 2019 Minutes(PDF, 166KB)
September 2019 Minutes(PDF, 142KB)
October 2019 Minutes(PDF, 144KB)
November 2019 Minutes(PDF, 144KB)
December 2019 Minutes(PDF, 187KB)
Board of Parks Commission Members
The following is a list of the (11) members on the Parks Commission.
- Beatrice Lee
- Carolyn Wyatt
- Craig Howell
- Billy Brame
- Jeff Sachen
- John McTaggart
- Patricia Gates
- Faith Rivera
- Ty Collins
- Micah King
- Bridget Holton-Deere
- Tammie Romstad -- Non-Voting