Storm Debris Disposal
Published on June 11, 2021
Wyandotte County residents can dispose of unwanted storm debris at the Recycling & Yard Waste Center located at 3241 Park Drive, Kansas City, KS 66102, every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM until November 28! There is no charge for this service. Check out the FAQ below to learn more!
Who Can Use the Recycling & Yard Waste Center?
The Recycling & Yard Waste Center is available at no charge to all residents of Wyandotte County. Wyandotte County residents will need to show proof of residency, such as a BPU bill. The Center is not open to non-profits, businesses, or other commercial entities.
What Yard Waste is Accepted?
Wyandotte County residents can take grass clippings, garden trimmings, leaves, and branches to the Recycling & Yard Waste Center.
What Yard Waste Is Not Accepted?
The Center cannot accept stumps and logs larger than 12 inches in diameter or items more than four feet in length.
Where Can I Take Items not Accepted at the Recycling & Yard Waste Center?
The Johnson County landfill will accept landscape waste delivered by Wyandotte County residents, free of charge, based on the following guidelines:
- Yard waste is defined as leaves, grass clippings, branches 3 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or less in length, fallen fruit, nuts, and acorns
- Yard waste must be generated from a residential property within Wyandotte County
- Yard waste must be transported to the landfill by the resident disposing of it
- Visitors must provide proof of residency upon arrival at the landfill
- Residents are limited to one load of no more than 3-cubic yards of material per week
- Material not accepted as landscape/yard waste includes, but is not limited to, branches/stumps in excess of 3 inches in diameter, cut or rolls of sod, and manure
Material is accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM, and on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at 17955 Holliday Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66217.
Can I add it to my Weekly Trash Disposal?
Residents can also dispose of yard waste in their regular weekly trash pickup. Leaves and grass clippings must be bagged and not in excess of 50 pounds per bag. Tree limbs must be tied in bundles not more than four feet long, less than 50 pounds, and 4 inches or less in diameter.
What Day is My Trash & Recycling Day?
Trash and recycling are collected once per week. To find out what day your trash and recycling is collected, visit the Trash Day Map and type in your address. For assistance, dial 3-1-1.
What Happens if my Trash or Recycling is Not Collected?
Missed trash or recycling collection should be reported by calling 3-1-1 or visiting mywyco.wycokck.org
Learn more about your options for getting rid of your recycling or hazardous materials on Public Works’ Solid Waste Management page.