Bidder Info & Registration
Buying a home through a Tax Sale can mean incredible deals. Due to ongoing technical difficulties both Tax Sale #349 and #350 have been postponed. We have not determined a reschedule date at this time. These will both be online auctions. You will need to pre-register with both Delinquent Real Estate and Civicsource below. You will NOT need to set up your online profile with Civicsource if you already have one. All bidders must be pre-registered no later than two days before the tax sale.
With this being an online sale, you will have access to Civicsource by way of computer or smartphone for bidding anywhere. If you will not have access to a computer or smartphone the day of the sale please contact Delinquent Real Estate and we may be able to make accommodations for you to have access at Memorial Hall. Due to gathering size restrictions because of Covid-19, accommodations are limited. Delinquent Real Estate employees are unable to assist with bidding on property in anyway.
Below is helpful information for those who are interested in registering as a bidder for the next tax sale. All registered bidders are responsible for reading the full list of Tax Sale bidder instructions.
- Property purchased at a tax sale is purchased in "AS IS" condition
- Potential buyers must do their own research before such purchase
- You keep what you buy
- You are responsible for examining the properties in which you have an interest before the tax sale begins
- You are purchasing property by legal description, NOT street address
- You will be responsible for paying any and all taxes which have become a lien on the property you purchase subsequent to the date judgement was rendered
- Buyer is responsible for the CURRENT year taxes and special assessments, they are NOT covered in the tax sale
Full Bidder Instructions
Who can bid?
- State law prohibits the following people from buying at the auction:
- Those who owe delinquent taxes in Wyandotte County;
- Those who have an interest in the property, such as the owners, mortgagees, relatives, or officers in a corporation which owns the property; and,
- Those who buy the property with the intent to transfer it to someone who is prohibited from bidding.
- If you fail to pay for the property you purchased by 4:45 pm the day of the sale you will be banned from bidding in any tax sale held by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, KS for two years.
How can I register?
- You can register with the Delinquent Real Estate office online or in person. You can register with the Tax Sale website with the link below. You must be registered with both the Delinquent Real Estate office and the Tax Sale website. All bidder registration will be open the day the sale is filed. Registering to be a bidder the day of the sale is not allowed.
- Since both sales will be on the same day, you will only need to register once. If you have already registered for Tax Sale #349 we will use the same registration for Tax Sale #350. Please note that since the auctions have been postponed, all of your 2021 taxes will have to be paid to be eligible to bid in either auction.
In person registration:
- You can register in person at our office at 710 N 7th Street, 2nd Floor, Kansas City, Kansas, 66101, Monday-Friday from 9:00 am- 5:00 pm. Please bring your current government issued photo ID. If you are registering as a business, please also bring a copy of your articles of incorporation and a letter of good standing from the secretary of state in which the company is registered.
- You can register online HERE. Please fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Online bidder registration will be open until two business days before the sale. If you register online, please expect a response from us by the end of the following business day.
Tax Sale Website:
- You need to set up your Tax Sale website profile HERE. You do NOT have to set up a profile if you already have one for Civicsource. The auction is not on the website yet, but we encourage you to create your profile with the website as soon as possible if you don't have one. Please use the same email address at Civicsource as you did when registering with Delinquent Real Estate.