These are just permits required through the Parks & Recreation Department. Please be advised that additional permits may be required by the State and/or County.
Any individual or business that sells a product in exchange for profit on park premises must obtain appropriate vending permits.
- Licenses may be obtained by contacting the Department of Business License at 913-573-8780. Additional charges may apply.
- The Event host should work with the Business License Department to determine if permits are required for each event vendor.
- The permit must be on site for the duration of the event.
- The event host is responsible for paying the fee for the Parks and Recreation permit.
Any request for Road Closures should be obtained from Public Works at (913) 573-5400
It is the responsibility of the event host to complete all required paperwork. Additional charges may apply. A copy of the permit must be provided to the Special Event Coordinator.
Fee: $50 per day
This includes the use of any amplification equipment such as that used by a disc jockey or amplified band. This permit is not available for all parks.
Fee: $50 per day
- The applicant must obtain proper licenses and permits through the County and State to serve and/or sell alcohol on Parks grounds. Contact the Business Licensing Department at 913-573-8780 for additional information. Please note this process takes a minimum of 4 weeks for approval.
- Security is required for any event that serves alcohol.
- No glass containers are allowed.
Live Entertainment/Dancing Permit
Any event that has alcohol and entertainment will be required to obtain a city live entertainment/dancing license. Proof of license must be obtained prior to receiving event permit. Contact Business License at (913) 573-8782 to obtain licenses. Additional charges may apply.
Parks and Recreation will not provide additional restroom facilities for any event but may require additional port-a-pots rented at the owner’s expense. Parks and Recreation will determine the minimum number required to accommodate the size of the event. The host must receive approval for placement of port-a-pots within the park.
If the event warrants additional dumpsters, Parks and Recreation has the authority to require the event host to rent one from an outside company of their choice. The host must receive approval for location of dumpster. It will be the responsibility of the event host to make sure that as trash barrels become full, they are emptied into the dumpster. Excess trash can result in the loss of deposit.
Additional Trash Barrels
If the park does not have adequate trash barrels for the event additional trash barrels can be delivered prior to your event at an additional cost. If the department is required to pick up excess amount of trash it can result in the loss of event host’s damage deposit.
Any medium/large event or event vending and/or serving alcohol will require the presence of security.
- Security must be obtained through the WYCO Sheriff’s Office. A mandatory meeting with security is required.
- The Sheriff’s Office will determine the appropriate number of law enforcement officers required and provide written documentation for the Special Events Coordinator.
- The host is responsible for paying all the law enforcement officers in cash, prior to the start of the event
- The event host must provide the special event coordinator with the contact information in writing for all law enforcement officers at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- In the event the appropriate law enforcement officers have not been obtained 4 weeks prior to the event, Parks and Recreation has the right to cancel the event.
- No advertisement of the event may be circulated until the security, insurance, permits and fees have been submitted.