RideKC Bike reports 17% Growth in KCK last year
Published on February 05, 2024
BikeWalkKC, the non-profit agency that administers the regional RideKC bikeshare program, including the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas’ Rosedale community pilot program, has released their 2023 annual report.
Of particular note, the UG’s bikeshare program increased ridership year over year by a 17%, which shows continued growth in the program even after the 83% increase in 2022.
Planning and Urban Design staff, in collaboration with the Transportation Department continues to build awareness of the program as a first/last mile initiative, expand bikeshare stations east of I-635, build new equity partners to support the program’s use by our most disadvantaged and/or “unbanked” populations, and seek new funding to expand the program.
The most used bikeshare station in the UG is located at City Hall, which is indicative of the free RideKC bikeshare membership that all UG employees have access to as a part of our negotiated contract.
Try Bikeshare Today
Even though we are in the winter months, a portion of the KCK bikeshare fleet is still available for those warmer days! To get started, download the app, enter in your information and decide whether you want to purchase by ride or a membership. If you are a RideKC member, your membership works in all of their systems - KCMO, KCK and North Kansas City year-round. Scan the code on the bike and begin your ride!
- Walk-up registration: $1.00 to unlock and 15 cents per minute.
- 24-hour pass: $15, take unlimited rides, each up to 4 hours. Unlock fees are waived. Additional minutes are charged at the same rate as pay-as-you-go trips. Expires 24 hours after purchase.
- 30-day membership: $39. No unlock fees. Includes 80 minutes of free riding time per day.
- 90-day membership: $99. No unlock fees. Includes 80 minutes of free riding time per day.
- Annual membership: $149. No unlock fees. Includes 80 minutes of free riding time per day.
Hours of Operation:
24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Electric-assist motors, perfect for KC’s hills
- On-board GPS helps riders locate bikes easily
- “Lock-to” technology keeps the bikes organized, safe, and convenient
- Pause trips to keep a bike on hold while it’s parked
E-Bike How To
- Use the RideKC Bike app to locate bikes
- Scan the bar code on the back of the bike to rent and unlock a bike
- The e-bike motor provides an extra boost of power whenever you are pedaling
- Return the bike to any designated bike share station or other “hub” shown in the app