Bring it to the Yard Waste & Recycling Center
The Yard Waste & Recycling Center is located at 3241 Park Drive, Kansas City, Kansas 662102. Due to the recent severe weather, its days of operation have been extended. The center is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 AM to 3 PM until August 27.
While the Recycling & Yard Waste Center welcomes various types of waste, please remember that stumps and logs larger than 12 inches in diameter and items over four feet long cannot be accepted. Visitors will need to show proof of residency. Accepted documents include a driver's license, BPU bill, or something displaying their name and address. Waste from non-profits and businesses is not accepted.
Put it Out With Your Normal Trash & Recycling
Kansas City, Kansas, residents can place debris curbside on their normal trash day. Leaves and grass clippings must be bagged and not more than 50 pounds per bag. Tree limbs must be tied in bundles not more than four feet long, less than 50 pounds, and 4 inches or less in diameter. For an example of what bundled debris looks like, click here.
Take it to the Johnson County Landfill
Kansas City, Kansas, residents can dispose of debris at the Johnson County Landfill located at 17955 Holliday Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66217, Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 3:30 PM. The Johnson County landfill will accept landscape waste delivered by Wyandotte County residents, free of charge, based on the following guidelines:
- Yard waste is defined as leaves, grass clippings, branches 3 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or less in length, fallen fruit, nuts, and acorns
- Yard waste must be generated from a residential property within Wyandotte County
- Yard waste must be transported to the landfill by the resident disposing of it
- Visitors must provide proof of residency upon arrival at the landfill
- Residents are limited to one load of no more than 3-cubic yards of material per week
- Material not accepted as landscape/yard waste includes, but is not limited to, branches/stumps in excess of 3 inches in diameter, cut or rolls of sod, and manure