Boards & Commissions Application

the official Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS Logo

Applying to serve on a Wyandotte County Board or Commission is a great way to get involved!

Becoming a member of a Board or Commission is an excellent way for citizens to participate in the decision-making process of city government. It allows them to share their personal and professional knowledge and make a meaningful impact. The Unified Government (UG) has several Advisory Boards and Commissions comprising community volunteers. Each volunteer serves for a specific term of two to four years, as prescribed by state statute, ordinance, or resolution.

Appointments to many boards are made directly by the UG Board of Commissioners. Apply for Commissioner appointments below.

Apply to Serve on a Board

Start by choosing a Board you want to join from the available Boards and Commissions. Then, apply in the way that suits you best.

Apply Online

Applying online is quick and easy. We just need you to answer a few questions.

Apply Now!

Apply by Mail

If you wish to submit your application by mail, you can print the Boards and Commissions Application(PDF, 46KB) and send it to the following address:

Attn: Boards and Commissions Application, 701 N 7th St, Ste 945, Kansas City, KS 66101.

If you prefer to receive a paper application by mail, please contact (913) 573-5040 or

What Happens Next?

Upon receipt of your application, it will be reviewed by the Commission's staff and then forwarded to the appropriate Commissioner for consideration and possible appointment.

The names of citizens recommended for appointment will be presented to the Board of Commissioners for a final vote. If you are appointed to a Board, the Commission Liaison will notify you via email with details about the orientation program, including the date, time, and location. You will also receive information about the specific Board or Commission to which you have been appointed.

We are thrilled that you have chosen to get involved!