Bidder Info & Registration
Buying a home through a Tax Sale can mean incredible deals. Tax Sale 354 is scheduled for December 13th, 2023, at 10:00 A.M. Tax Sale 354 will be an IN-PERSON auction held at Memorial Hall, 600 North 7th Street, Kansas City, KS 66101. You will need to pre-register with Delinquent Real Estate by 8:00 A.M. on December 8th, 2023, to participate. You will NOT need to set up an online profile with Civicsource since this in an in-person auction.
Below is helpful information for those who are interested in registering as a bidder for the next tax sale. All registered bidders are responsible for reading the full list of Tax Sale bidder instructions.
- Property purchased at a tax sale is purchased in "AS IS" condition
- Potential buyers must do their own research before such purchase
- You keep what you buy
- You are responsible for examining the properties in which you have an interest before the tax sale begins
- You are purchasing property by legal description, NOT street address
- You will be responsible for paying any and all taxes which have become a lien on the property you purchase subsequent to the date judgement was rendered
- Buyer is responsible for the CURRENT year taxes and special assessments, they are NOT covered in the tax sale
Useful links and numbers
Full Bidder Instructions
Every registered bidder is required to read them in their entirety before they can participate in the sale.
Bidder Instructions in English(PDF, 118KB)
Bidder Instructions in Spanish(PDF, 124KB)
Who can bid?
- State law prohibits the following people from buying at the auction
- Those who owe delinquent taxes in Wyandotte County
- Those who have an interest in the property, such as the owners, mortgagees, relatives, or officers in a corporation which owns the property; and,
- Those who buy the property with the intent to transfer it to someone who is prohibited from bidding.
- If you fail to pay for the property you purchased by 4:45 PM the day of the sale you will be banned from bidding in any tax sale held by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, KS for two years.
How can I register?
You can register with the Delinquent Real Estate office online or in person. You can register with the Tax Sale website with the link below. You must be pre-registered with the Delinquent Real Estate office by 8:00 A.M. on December 8th, 2023. Registering to be a bidder the day of the sale is not allowed.
In Person Registration
You can register in person at our office at 710 N 7th Street, 2nd Floor, Kansas City, KS, 66101, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Bidder registration is currently open and will close at 8:00 A.M. on December 8th, 2023. Please bring your current government issued photo ID. If you are registering as a business, please also bring a copy of your articles of incorporation and a letter of good standing from the secretary of state in which the company is registered.
You can register online with the button below. Please fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Bidder registration is currently open and will close at 8:00 A.M. on December 8th, 2023.
Tax Sale Website (will not be used for Tax Sale 354)
You need to set up your Tax Sale Profile with the button below. You do NOT have to set up a profile if you already have one for Civicsource. The auction is not on the website yet, but we encourage you to create your profile with the website as soon as possible if you don't have one. Please use the same email address at Civicsource as you did when registering with Delinquent Real Estate.
Help us better understand any issues with your experience.