Emergency Preparedness plans for and responds to public health emergencies for the residents and visitors to Wyandotte County.
What We Do
- Prepare and plan for public health emergencies with community partners and agencies with whom we respond.
- Coordinates with epidemiology regarding disease surveillance within the county to ensure early detection of outbreaks.
- Plans for social distancing include isolation, quarantine, and closing venues to decrease disease spread.
- Plans to disseminate health information during public health emergencies to ensure residents and visitors have the most accurate and updated information.
- Plans for mass countermeasure dispensing/vaccination to residents and visitors in an emergency where medications/vaccines are available.
- Exercises with community partners and agencies to ensure a timely and well-coordinated response.
Kansas State Statute (K.S.A)
||Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know
Kansas Administrative Regulations (K.A.R)
Please call us to report a public health emergency, risk, problem, environmental, or occupational public health hazard.
Emergency Preparedness Division
(913) 573-6727 (during business hours)
(913) 573-8877 (after business hours)