** Appointments are preferred but walk-in appointments are available for some services. Call (913) 573-8855 or (913) 573-6714 for more information
** Plan B and free condoms are available anytime for walk-in clients
Family Planning provides income-based services to promote, provide and encourage health lifestyle and positive sexual responsibility behaviors. Family Planning services are provided by a Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian, Licensed Social Worker and sexual health educator.
- Prevent illness and diseases
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Provide education for healthy decisions
- Connect your family to other community services or resources
How Do Family Planning Services Work?
- The Family Planning health team assists each client in providing family planning resources.
- The health team works with each client to help create an individualized health plan around reproductive health and collaborates with other safety net clinics in the community as needed.
- All services are confidential.
- Teen clients are given individualized counseling with a sexual health educator during the appointment. Parental consent is not needed to receive services or birth control in the Family Planning and STD clinic.
- Annual Well Woman exams and PAP smears
- Individualized nutrition counseling with the Registered Dietitian
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Teen birth control and sexual health counseling
- Reproductive planning and counseling
- Individual health education
- Support services by a licensed Social Worker
- Birth control services and education
- Birth control options offered
- Birth control pills
- Depo shot
- Implant and IUD's
- Nuva Ring
- Free condoms
- Morning after pill (Plan-B)
Who is eligible for Family Planning Services?
- Anyone; regardless of whether you are insured or uninsured
- Do not have to live in Wyandotte County to use services.
How much does Family Planning cost?
Family Planning services are on a sliding fee scale based on household income.
Kansas State Statute (K.S.A)