WIC (Women, Infants, Children)

What is WIC?

WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC protects the health of low-income women who are pregnant or breastfeeding for up to one year or recently delivered up to six months, infants, and children under age five by providing nutritious foods, support for breastfeeding, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care. Contact us at (913) 573-6720 or nutrition@wycokck.org for more details.

Services Provided

  • Nutrition counseling by registered licensed dietitians.
  • Breastfeeding encouragement and support.
  • Referrals to other health sources and social services.
  • Immunization screening and referrals.
  • Nutritious food at local grocery stores.

What to expect at your First Appointment

A height, weight, and finger stick will be done. You will be asked basic medical questions and talk to a Registered Dietitian. If you are eligible, you will receive an electronic benefits card for food at the end of your appointment.

  1. Sign the Rights & Responsibilities Form

  2. Bring proof of address, income and ID for you and your child.

By Federal civil rights law and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 1 (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

File a Program Complaint of Discrimination

Complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide all information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form:

  • Call 1 (866) 632-9992
  • Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by Mail:
    • U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410.
  • Email program.intake@usda.gov; This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R)

Title # Title Name Volume # Volume Name Part Sub-Part(s)
7 Agriculture 4 Food & Nutrition Services 246 B-State and Local Agency Eligibility (246.5-246.6) D-Participant Benefits (246.11)