These are just permits required through the Parks & Recreation Department. Please be advised that additional permits may be required by the State and/or County.
Any individual or business that sells a product in exchange for profit on park premises must obtain appropriate vending permits.
- Each individual vendor are required to obtain the appropriate state and county licenses. Contact Business License at (913) 573-8782 to obtain licenses. Additional charges may apply.
- The permit must be visibly displayed for the duration of the event.
- The event host is responsible for paying the fee for the Parks & Recreation permit.
Any request for Road Closures should be obtained from Public Works at (913) 573-5400
It is the responsibility of the event host to complete all required paperwork. Additional charges may apply. A copy of the permit must be provided to the Special Event Coordinator.
Fee: $50 per day
This includes the use of any amplification equipment such as that used by a disc jockey or amplified band. This permit is not available for all parks.
Fee: $50 per day
May be obtained but must first be approved by the Director of Parks & Recreation.
- The event host will still be required to obtain the appropriate state and/or county licenses. Proof of license must be obtained prior to receiving permit. Contact Business License at (913) 573-8782 to obtain licenses. Additional charges may apply.
- Security is required for any event that serves alcohol.
- No glass containers are allowed.
- Limited to 3.2 beer only
Live Entertainment/Dancing Permit
Any event that will have live entertainment or dancing will be required to obtain the appropriate state and/or county licenses. Proof of license must be obtained prior to receiving event permit. Contact Business License at (913) 573-8782 to obtain licenses. Additional charges may apply.
Parks & Recreation will not provide additional restroom facilities for any special event. Additional port-a-pots must be rented at the owner’s expense to accommodate the size of the event. The host must receive approval for location of port-a-pots.
For medium and large events the event host is required to rent a portable dumpster from an outside company of their choice. The host must receive approval for location of dumpster. It will be the responsibility of the event host to make sure that as trash barrels become full, they are emptied into the dumpster. Excess trash can result in the loss of damage deposit.
Additional Trash Barrels
If the park does not have adequate trash barrels for the event additional trash barrels can be delivered prior to your event at an additional cost. Please keep in mind if the department is required to pick up excess amount of trash it can result in the loss of event host’s damage deposit.
Any medium/large event or event serving alcohol will require the presence of security.
- Security must be obtained through the WYCO Sheriff’s Office. A mandatory meeting with security is required.
- The agency providing security for the event will determine the appropriate number of security officers required and provide written documentation for the Special Events Coordinator.
- The host is responsible for paying all the security officers.
- The event host must provide the special event coordinator with the contact information in writing for all security at least (4) weeks prior to the event.
- In the event the appropriate security has not been obtained (4) weeks prior to the event, Parks & Recreation has the right to cancel the event.
- No advertisement of the event may be circulated until the security, insurance, permits and fees have been submitted.