Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Development

Community Development

We are now accepting applications for roof repairs.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds the Housing and Community Development Department using federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) dollars. CDBG is the Unified Government’s entitlement grant from HUD. According to federal regulation, the use of these funds is limited to support services that will benefit households of “low and moderate” income, or in areas with significant “slum and blight.”

According to HUD regulations, seventy percent (70%) of the funds expended must benefit low- and moderate-income persons and respond to at least one (1) of three (3) national priorities:

  • Benefit low- and moderate-income persons

  • Prevent or eliminate slum and blight

  • Urgent Need
78th Street ProjectFurnace BeforeStreet Overlay ProjectNew Quindaro Homes NSP 3 ProgramNSP 3 ProgramPrescott Plaza ConstructionPrescott Plaza DevelopmentQuindaro Overlook StructureSherwin Williams Volunteer Painting ProjectStrawberry Hill Homes 2008Strawberry Hill Homes  

Select from one of the links below to obtain information about services and programs offered through the Department of Community Development. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact the Call Center by dialing 3-1-1 or 913-573-5311 outside of Wyandotte County.

Community Development    

Line Divider Gray

UG Logo gif  
Address Hours Wilba Miller Phone Numbers
City Hall 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Director P: (913) 573-5100
701 N 7th Street Monday - Friday Email F: (913) 573-5115
8th Floor      
Kansas City, KS      

Background Piece Background Piece