Yvette Miller - Program Coordinator
(913) 573-5110 | F: (913) 573-5115 | Email
The UG is a recipient of Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to prevent homelessness, provide services for the homeless or to assist individuals and families to regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis. We allocate the funds to non-profit subrecipients within Kansas City, KS area. If you’re in the city of Kansas City, KS & looking for assistance please call United Way 211 or www.211.org , they will be able to direct you to an agency according to your needs.
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
ESG Request for Proposal Application
Eligible Applicants are:
ESG Policy & Procedures
The section is for funded ESG agencies only. Agencies are to use the following forms to retain participant’s file information. All participant files must be documented using the forms provided by the UG as outlined on the Participant File Checklist. The Intake, Assessment, and Housing Plan must be completed in HMIS. These documents can be stored electronically or a copy in the participant’s file. Electronic copies must be made available upon demand. Files must also contain case management notes.
- Participant File Checklist(PDF, 86KB)
- No1 Declaration of Section 214 Status(PDF, 951KB)
- No2 Homeless Certification(PDF, 986KB)
- No3 At Risk of Homeless Certification(PDF, 868KB)
- No4 Disability Certification(PDF, 668KB)
- No5 Self-Certification(PDF, 346KB)
- No6 Staff Affidavit(PDF, 452KB)
- No7 Verification Tracking of Income(PDF, 487KB)
- No8 Verification of Income(PDF, 427KB)
- No9 Calculation Worksheet(PDF, 378KB)
- Part 5 Income Definition(PDF, 62KB)
- No10 Rent Reasonableness Form(PDF, 345KB)
- No11 Habitability Standards and Lead-Based Paint Form(PDF, 430KB)
- No12 Habitability Standards - Agency Checklist(PDF, 742KB)
- No13 Receipt of Lead-Based Pamphlet(PDF, 230KB)
- No14 Lead-Based Paint Pamphlet(PDF, 1MB)
- No15 Rental Assistance Agreement - Short and Long Term Rental Assistance(PDF, 593KB)
- No16 Notice of Eviction(PDF, 315KB)
The Continuum of Care (CoC) Program is designed to promote communitywide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness; provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness; promote access to and effect utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
The Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness (GKCCEH) is the metropolitan area Continuum of Care (CoC) for Jackson County, Missouri and Wyandotte County, KS.