The Budget Division assists the Chief Financial Officer in exercising good stewardship of public resources by providing capital and operating budget oversight, financial analysis and evaluation, decision support, and assisting with budget modifications for the Mayor, Board of Commissioners, County Administrator's Office, and department managers. The Budget Division is committed to improving the transparency of the Unified Government’s budgetary information to our citizens and stakeholders through our Open Data portal.
The Budget Division also:
- Directs the preparation of the annual operating budget and five-year capital maintenance and improvement plan (CMIP)
- Performs research, trend analysis and problem-solving
- Performance measurement collection and reporting
- Long range financial planning
- Grant setup
- Conducts special research and responds to information requests
Early each year, Finance Department and Budget Division staff begin working on the next year's operating budget in order to present a proposed document to the Unified Government Board of Commission (UGBOC) in July. The UGBOC schedules several budget work sessions to discuss and review the budget before it is adopted by the Commission.
Early each year, the Finance and Budget staff begin working on the next year's operating budget in order to present a proposed document to the Unified Government Board of Commission (UGBOC) in July. The UGBOC schedules several budget work sessions to discuss and review the budget before it is adopted by the Commission.
Budget is seeking public comment on budget priorities and initiatives. Below is an initiative form for public comment on the One Year Action Plan and other program initiatives.
2023 Proposed Budget Information
2022 Budget Information
- 2022 Approved Budget(PDF, 65MB)
- 2022 Administrators Budget Presentation(PDF, 5MB)
- 2021 Kansas City, KS Amended Funds(PDF, 19KB)
- 2022 Kansas City, KS Budget Summary(PDF, 34KB)
- 2022 Library Budget Summary(PDF, 25KB)
- 2022 Self-Supporting Municipal Improvement District Budget Summary(PDF, 28KB)
- 2021 Wyandotte County Amended Funds(PDF, 17KB)
- 2022 Wyandotte County Budget Summary(PDF, 35KB)
2021 Budget Information
2020 Budget Information
2018 Amended & 2019 Approved Budget
2017 Amended & 2018 Proposed Budget
2016 Amended & 2017 Adopted Budget
Staff are available to assist you with questions pertaining to the Unified Government's budget.